Santa Maria di Collemaggio, L'Aquila, Italy
At the far end of the right aisle there's the tomb of St. Peter Celestine, whose mausoleum, paid for by the guild of wool workers in 1517, is the work of Girolamo da Vicenza. The relics were placed into silver urns: a first urn was stolen by the Prince of Orange in 1530, and a second by the French in 1646. The present urn was made at the end of the Second World War by Aquilan goldsmith Luigi Cardilli. In the transept there are two Baroque altarpieces; the right one shows a fine Virgin statue of the XIV century, probably by Silvestro dell'Aquila, a pupil of Donatello's.